Tuesday 23 April 2013

Manicure Monday: Buttercups

Hello Lovelies! 

This Monday I decided to try out one of my new shades from the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure range called Buttercup. I bought this at the same store I bought Essie's Pink-a-boo which I wore for my previous Manicure Monday. 

I was hunting for a pale pastel yellow, and this polish looked good from the outside, but once applied it turns into a bright banana colour. I love banana's, (I'm eating one right now!) but I wasn't after bright yellow, I wanted pastel! *stamps feet* I wouldn't usually match the pastel pink Second Honeymoon by OPI with banana yellow, but I honestly thought they would both be cute pastel colours. 
Oh well!

 
On the first time application I tried the colour over my natural nails and was immediately disappointed in the opacity of the polish (it's super see-though!) So I tried the other hand with a white base coat, which worked much better. I still had some problems building up enough colour to cover the base and I ended up using four rather thick coats of Buttercup and Second Honeymoon. 

I like the shade, but I probably wouldn't use it as a solid nail colour since it doesn't really match my skin tone well.  

1 comment:

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...