Wednesday 30 April 2014

Review: Skinfood Red Orange Jelly BB Cream - No.01 Light Beige

Hello Princesses!
 
Today I'm going to be showing you a super interesting BB Cream - the Skinfood Red Orange Jelly BB Cream! This is my first Jelly textured BB Cream and being unsure of what the colour would turn out like, I bought a 10 piece sample set from RoseRoseShop!
"This flexible jelly pudding BB cream contains moisture-rich revitalizing ingredients from orange to keep your skin ultra moisturized and to create a hydrated and jelly-like resilient skin with a smooth finish.


* To Use

Put a moderate amount of cream on your hand and tap around on your skin. Use a modicum amount for each use because it contains lots of hydration, and then make sure to put the cap back on not to lose hydration." (1
The BB Cream is super thick and literally jelly textured! The initial swatches look super thick and creamy, but it actually blends out to be kinda watery. The wet swatches also look pretty dark but it sheers out fairly light, but definitely yellow toned. It's quite a similar shade to MAC Studio Sculpt in NC15 (the lightest out of the MAC NC range). This BB Cream is super easy to apply - I use my fingers to apply it - and feels super soft and hydrating.
This BB Cream is a little darker than I would like, but it's pretty workable! It provides a lovely even finish that covers the majority of my acne scarring and lighter freckles, however, it's not any good for oil control as you can see in the last photo!
Things I Love
- Almost light enough
- Easy to apply
- Doesn't oxide darker
- Very hydrating
- Good for dry patches (doesn't cling or emphasize)


Things I Don't Love
- Dries out very fast
- Not great for oil control
- It would be lovely if it was a little lighter!
Final Thoughts
I really love the thought of this Jelly BB Cream! It's super hydrating (perhaps a little too hydrating for oily skin) and comes in a great light colour for normal fair skinned folks. I did find that the sample pots dried up in one day (even with the plastic flap stuck down) so if you're wanting to purchase this BB Cream make sure you seal the lid as soon as you finish applying the BB Cream!

I think this BB Cream is definitely best for dry skinned girls that are the normal fair NC15-NC20 range of colour. It's a very similar colour to MAC Studio Sculpt NC15 and the Etude House Cotton Fit BB Cream No.02!

Have you princesses tried this Jelly BB Cream? What are your thoughts? ^.^

4 comments:

  1. Aiguu, the texture was really good. Wanna try this later. Thanks for sharing!

    www.elinivana.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so nice! I wish It came in a lighter, pinker tone! Its always so sad when a bb cream looks so nice and interesting but just wont match your skin! I have really been wanting to try a jelly type BB too, do you know if the holikaholika one is lighter or darker than this?

    also, have you tried the green skin79 bb cream? I love it so much and it is equally as pale as my missha #13 but just slightly pinker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an interesting texture for a BB Cream huh! ^.^ I think the Holikaholika one is more pinky based - I haven't tried it yet!

      I just bought the green Skin79 BB Cream too - it's lovely and pale!

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I have stumbled upon your blog while doing some research on bb creams for pale (MAC NC15-20) skin with visible yellow undertones and it's been really helpful so far, but since I need to take my chances with buying these online, do you think this would be a good match? How does this compare to Etude House Cotton Fit in shade 02? I was looking for something light with a natural finish.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...