Friday 30 May 2014

First Impression: GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about a really interesting product - GlamGlow's Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment. I saw a lot of beauty bloggers and youtube beauty gurus raving about this mask, so I headed into Auckland's Mecca Cosmetica to check it out! ^.^  

The first thing that caught my attention with this product was the ingredients list. It seems to have fairly natural ingredients, and contains none of the products that seem to irritate my skin! The second thing I noticed was the price tag ... $98NZD? Sheesh, that's one pricey face mask! 

Since I'm very wary of buying skincare products before testing them, the lovely sales rep who was helping me offered to scoop up a little tester pot for me to try before I buy! Thank you so much Alex! :3
 What Does It Do?
"Designed as a 10-minute professional ‘facial in a jar’ for behind-the-scenes use in Hollywood’s Entertainment, Music, Fashion & Award industries, for immediate camera- ready glowing skin. GLAMGLOW’s mud base is from the South of France Mediterranean Sea, home to glamorous Cannes, St. Tropez & Monaco. GLAMGLOW’s moisturizing collagen synthesis is for both men & women. Use a couple of times a week or simply when you need GLAM-tastic™ skin.
To use, apply a Thin Layer to Clean Face. Expect a Tingle-tastic Tightening Effect in 10 mins or less, remove Mask with Water in Circular Motions to Exfoliate. Use Twice a Week or as often as Desired. " (1

Ingredients:
"-French Sea Clay: Absorbs impurities and toxic substances, while leaving essential natural oils and minimizing pore size.
-Volcanic Pumice Rock: Multi-level surface exfoliation that you control to clear dead skin cells, smoothing out fine lines and softening skin texture.
-Green Tea Leaf Pieces: GLAMGLOW® groundbreaking patent pending TEAOXI™ technology delivers fresh Super-Squalene, EGCG super antioxidants, and Polypenols directly into the mud from the real pieces of tea leaf.

Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite (Volcanic Minerals), Kaolin (French Sea Clay), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Purified Clay), Polyethylene, Pumice (Micro Volcanic Rock), Camellia Sinensis Leaf (Green Tea Leaf), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Chamomile), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Marigold), Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedara Helix Extract (Ivy), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey Herb), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Lavender), Glycerin (Vegetable), Parfum, [Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool], Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone." (2)
The mask smells super yummy and fresh, and a little goes a long way, I got 2 and a half uses out of that little tester pot! This mask dries very fast and very tight. The "tingle-tastic tightening effect" happens when the mask dries, and was slightly overwhelming the first time I tried it. It felt like tiny little demon bee's were stinging my face all over and was NOT relaxing in the slightest!! The "tingle-tastic"/demon bee's only lasted for around 3 minutes - but was enough to make me apprehensive about trying this mask again. I did end up using the mask a second time and it wasn't nearly as painful as the first time which is a huge relief.
To remove this mask, I simple rinsed it off with water, which worked really well! It gives a lovely exfoliate that feels like it's exfoliating, but not to the point that it's ripping your skin apart, which is nice!

Before and After one use of GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment:
(No photoshop - I swear!)

After the first use of the GlamGlow Tinglexfoliate Treatment my skin felt super soft, forehead wrinkles were less apparent, pores were minimized and clean looking and it gave my skin a healthy pink flush! The best difference was the next day, because the results were even more enhanced than before! My boyfriend said my skin looked really healthy and demanded that I let him use the mask too!

Would I Purchase This Product?
Yes, as a one time treat. I'm not sure if I would repurchase this product after I used the jar (unless the results are absolutely amazing with continued use) because it is just SO EXPENSIVE. I really liked the results that this product gave me, and it doesn't irritate my skin (which at this point is a huge blessing). I did end up purchasing this product a couple of months ago, and I'm still liking it, but I'm still not sure if I'd repurchase after I finished the jar.

Have you princesses tried a "super mask" like the GlamGlow Tinglexfoliate Treatment before? What's your favorite face mask? 

8 comments:

  1. The result is really amazing! But, like you, I don't think the hefty price tag is worth it. Have you tried the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay? It makes my face smoother and really glow and gets rid of redness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Aztic Secret Indian Healing Clay? That sounds like something I want to try! Where do you buy yours from? (:

      Delete
  2. Wow your before after picture is really suprising, seems like it does do its job! I am of course also very wary of the price tag; I own one item with a similar price and it didnt work for me which makes me really sad .__. I am usually more into buying expensive serums or creams (short: things that stay on your skin) rather than things I wash away after some time, I just feel nothing could do THAT good for such a price in such a short time ^^ Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get what you mean about the Serums! I think this face mask is like a super luxurious and pampering sort of product, but it does also help prep my skin for the good serums/oil/moisturizer or whatever I'm using! But like you said, it's not as necessary or helpful as a good serum would be!

      Delete
  3. what a lovely item Review :)

    btw. do you want to follow each other?!
    follow me and I'll follow back
    if you want to

    Keep up your great Posts
    Amely Rose from:
    http://thebizarrebirdcage.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice nice! That before-after looks really good! *A*
    Thank you for the review. <3

    pandagin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you look gorgeous without makeup!

    Kay ♡ imladiiekay

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...