Friday 4 July 2014

First Impression: Stila One Step Correct

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about a widely loved product - Stila's One Step Correct. I always wonder how everyone pronounces Stila, like Still-A or Steel-A? Anyway, I was wandering around Mecca Cosmetica in Auckland looking for a primer that would be suitable with my NARS Sheer Glow and Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Cream Compact Foundations which I just cannot make work with my skin, despite being the perfect colour, and the lovely sales assisstant helping me recommended this primer, and gave me a little sample pot to try out which is super kind!  ^.^
What Does It Do?
"Swirl your way to perfect skin in one step! This innovative, triple-swirled helix serum instantly color-corrects, brightens and covers skin imperfections for a flawless face with no fuss.

This primer, color-corrector, brightener and anti-aging skincare serum does it all with the help of Stila's Youth Revival Bio-Available Mineral Complex™:

  • Magician- Instantly makes imperfections disappear
  • Multitasker - Reduces fine lines, wrinkles, pores and pigmentation
  • Miracle Worker- Hydrates, controls oil and improves skin texture
The revolutionary new product contains 3 color-correcting brighteners:
  • Green tone instantly neutralizes redness and conceals blemishes
  • Lavender tone counteracts sallow undertones for a vibrant, energized look
  • Peach tone brightens, illuminates and helps diminish the appearance of sun spots
The weightless, creamy formula blends imperceptibly into skin and won't clog pores or settle into fine lines... so all anyone will notice is your perfectly flawless skin!
Ingredients: 
water/aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, propylene glycol, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, glycerin, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, carbomer, sodium hydroxide, phytantriol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, disodium edta, camellia oleifera leaf extract, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, boron nitride, palmitic acid, dextrin palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, hexylene glycol, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, retinyl palmitate, tocophery acetate, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, triethoxycaprylylsilane,sodium hyaluronate, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, panax ginseng root extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, camelia oleifera leaf extract, montmorillonite, illite, kaolin,methylparaben, propylparaben, may contain (+/_) titanium dioxide (ci 77891), zinc oxide (ci 77947), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), ultramarines (ci 77007) <iln c101005>." (1)
I decided to try this primer with three different foundation/BB creams to effectively test it's claims. I chose one difficult foundation (NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia), one long lasting foundation (Estēe Lauder Doublewear Light in 0.5) and my favorite BB Cream (Missha Signature Complete in No.13). 
First up is my difficult foundation - NARS Sheer Glow. I've had this foundation since December and CANNOT make it work for my skin. It's highly annoying because it was an expensive product, and it's a very good colour for me!
The Stila Primer feels super silky and smooth to apply (almost like a silicone primer), and smells a little like sunscreen. It reduced some of my redness, evened out my skin tone, illuminated my skin and also made the foundation glide one super smoothly!

I found that the primer had no effect on making the NARS Sheer Glow foundation last longer or stay shine free, because you can see that this foundation actually looks awful after 6 hours. It's not as bad if I blot and re-powder every three hours, but it's SUCH a pain. (First world problems, right?)
Next up is my favorite BB Cream, Missha Signature Complete BB Cream in No.13. Honestly, I felt like the Stila Primer didn't make too much of a difference with this BB Cream, which is already very hydrating and shines up after 6 hours of wear. I don't feel like BB Creams necessarily need a primer anyway, since they're part skincare.
Lastly, we have Estēe Lauder Doublewear Light in 0.5. This is a long lasting matte finish foundation that can be quite drying if the skin isn't properly primed. I found that the Stila Primer worked best with this foundation, because it gave me a hydrated, but not oily base to work with, and helped the foundation glide smoothly on and last perfectly throughout the day!
Would I Purchase This Product?
I really liked this Primer, but I'm not 100% sure that I would purchase it for $76NZD, which is quite pricey! However, if it was discounted, (or I was buying from a USA site) I would definitely consider it because it's only $36USD, (almost half price) which would be worth the money in my opinion!

What are your favorite primers? Have you got any suggestions for a primer that works well with NARS Sheer Glow Foundation?

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! sounds like a very good product dear!!! never heard of this before but judging from your review this is amazing!!

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try this for a long time, but it's so expensive at Mecca x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's so expensive at Mecca! Go in and ask for a sample though if you want to try it (if you're near a Mecca!) because it's a beautiful primer!

      Delete
  3. Maybe you'd like Rimmel's Stay Matte Primer? Or maybe even the Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation, the Fair or Light Ivory shades might be neutral enough to match you. Both products have some pretty good reviews

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...