Wednesday 2 July 2014

Review: Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Etude House Drawing Eye Brown Pencil in 02 Gray Brown. ^.^ I gave my first impression on this eyebrow pencil almost one year ago in this post, and I've finally gotten right down to the very end of the pencil, which is pretty impressive considering how many eye brow products I own.
I purchased my pencil off Cosmetic Love who have free worldwide shipping! :3 I chose the colour 02 - Gray Brown, because at the time that I purchased this pencil I hadn't lightened my hair, which is naturally very very dark brown, (almost black, but not black, it's brown), and having filled in brown brows looked slightly off. Now that I've lightened my hair the gray brown brows look slightly funny! ><
The pencil had a squarish/triangular shaped tip, which I personally prefer over a pointed tip, and a spoolie on the other end. The pencil is fairly creamy, but still very long wearing. The downsides is that it can smudge if applied only to skin (shaping or overdrawing), and after one year of use my spoolie looks absolutely disgusting, (the creamy product traps the hair) and becomes un-useable after a couple of months.
I think this pencil gives my brows a full look, without looking too painted on or fake. My eyebrow hair is quite thick and dark brown/black, which helps them look a lot fuller naturally, but even though the hair is thick and long, I don't have too many of them which is why it's important for me to fill them in!

What I Love
- Great range of colour
- Easy to Apply
- Well Priced
- Sturdy packaging


What I Don't Love
- Possibly too creamy for people with sparse brows or who like to overdraw their brows as it does smudge
- Spoolie gets absolutely filthy and un-useable (also un-washable)
Final Thoughts
I really love this product! I think it works really well, and for the price point, I would definitely repurchase this in a variety of shades!

What are your favorite eyebrow products, and what eyebrow product should I try next?

7 comments:

  1. I'm just about to buy one of these :) It's great how affordable they are,so you can overlook the negative aspects...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are crazy affordable! I think the affordable price point wins over the negative aspects, but I thought I would make them known anyway ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I never know which products are worth ordering and it can be rather hard to make a choice especially when you cant just walk into a store and check everything out in person. So this is very helpful! I really like the look the pencil gives to your brows. Defined but natural looking and not to harsh. Thats exactly what I always try to go for but since my hair is also very dark it often turns out too black and artificial looking. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this pencil! It is crazy how good this is for the price!
    And I spend so long looking for a really hard eyebrow pencil that is cheap in western products but they were all too soft or reddish.
    I haven't had it this long I am curious how the spoolie will look in the future though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review! I use so many products for my eyebrows and I'm always experimenting with them lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. How does this compare to the Lioele autobrow pencil?

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...