Friday 8 August 2014

First Impression: Lancôme Bienfait Teinté Beauty Balm - Porcelaine

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be doing a quick first impression on Lancôme's Bienfait Teinté Beauty Balm - Porcelaine! I've had this sample pot for a wee while, and you may remember it as the smallest sample pot I've ever had in my Customer Service rant post. I didn't love this product when the sales assistant applied it, and took a sample out of politeness really, which is why it's taken 8 months to do a first impression!


What Does It Do?
"Comprehensive protection meets healthy-looking perfection. Bienfait Teinté Beauty Balm Cream gives skin natural, even coverage while serving as your daily source of vitamin- and antioxidant-enriched hydration for 24-hour nurturing moisture with no greasy feel. This unique formula contains Broad Spectrum SPF 30 to protect skin. Available in seven shades for a perfectly even complexion and ideal hydration all day. 

Results:
This lightweight tinted formula provides moderate, natural coverage, giving skin a healthy hint of color and a healthy glow. See an even, flawless-looking skin tone.
NON-COMEDOGENIC
DERMATOLOGIST-TESTED FOR SAFETY 



Ingredients:
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.5%, TITANIUM DIOXIDE 5.8%, COSMETIC INGREDIENTS: WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, HEXYL LAURATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT, TRIETHANOLAMINE, TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, SILICA, ALUMINA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ALCOHOL DENAT., ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE, PANTHENOL, CASTANEA SATIVA (CHESTNUT) SEED EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, LINALOOL, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, FRAGRANCE, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES" (1)
I could only use this sample twice, but both times I was seriously underwhelmed. This BB Cream is more like a primer in my opinion, because it offers little to no coverage. Powdering my face gives me coverage, but it's the same coverage as it would be if the BB Cream was not there. The BB Cream did not last well on my skin, looking oily after 2 hours. I can only assume that this BB Cream is designed to be worn underneath foundations, but since the sample size was so small, I had no chance to try that out for myself! These photos make it look like the BB Cream cancels out some redness, but that's not actually true.
Would I Purchase This Product?
No. In my opinion it's just a glorified primer, and at $45USD that's an expensive and average primer. It didn't fufill any of the BB Cream criteria for me, providing no coverage and little skincare benefits that I could immediately feel. It does contain SPF 30 which I like, but I'd rather just wear a sunscreen as it's substantially cheaper.

If you want to check out some colour comparisons involving the Lancôme BB Cream, check out my BB Cream Swatches and my Foundation and BB Cream Swatches!

If you're living in New Zealand, make sure you check out my latest giveaway, the Eye of Horus Gift Pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...