Sunday 21 December 2014

Fail Products - The Body Shop; The Radiant Oil for Body & Hair

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be starting up a new little segment called Fail Products. Don't read too much into the title because as with all of the products I review, things work differently for different people! This does not mean that these products that I review will not work for you, but it's my way of getting some more negative reviews out of the way in the quickest, most painless way possible! These will happen every second Sunday, alternating with Store Reviews so that I don't dig a deep hole of debt by shopping online! ^.^

So without further ado, here is my first fail product - The Body Shop's Wild Argan Oil, The Radiant Oil for Body & Hair! I purchased this at the release of the Wild Argan Oil range at The Body Shop, because I absolutely love using Argan Oil in my hair and because it seems to promote hair growth really well for me.
This oil costs $49.95 which is twice as much as my current go to Argan Oil. The body shop Wild Argan Oil is not pure Argan oil, but more a blend of oils including Sunflower Oil and Olive Oil. The spray pump nozzle is incredibly stiff, making it hard to pump evenly into my hair, especially if the bottle gets a little bit oily and slips through my hands. It smells absolutely amazing and has a very fine texture, nothing like a regular heavy oil.

This oil is way too drying to use on my hair everyday, it makes my dry hair look like dead twigs. It's best used as a leave in treatment for the hair ends and even then I don't feel like it does anything at all for me.
Using the Argan Oil as a treatment makes my hair a little bit softer, but it's not something I would pay $50 for. The $10 Coconut Oil from the supermarket actually works better than this.
You can also use this oil as a body moisturizer and also play are they legs or hotdogs?
They're legs. Spoiler alert! This oil does moisturize my body, but it takes literally three hours to fully absorb. Nobody has time for that, let alone me.

What I Love
- Smells amazing


What I Don't Love
- Doesn't hydrate my hair
- Doesn't really work as a leave in treatment
- Makes my hair look dryer and more dead
- The pump is incredibly stiff and hard to use
- Takes three hours to absorb into the skin


Final Thoughts
I really disliked this oil. I tried so hard to like it because it was so expensive and I know that I've just wasted $50 on a oil blend in a spray bottle that does nothing for me. I can't use it in my hair to get a quick healthy shine, I can't use it as an effective leave in treatment, and I can't use it as a body moisturizer unless I want to stick to chairs for the next three hours. This is a fail product for me.

Has anyone else tried this oil? What were your thoughts?
 

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! Sorry to hear that you didn't like this product. It's pretty pricey! :(

    Ellie | wunderstar

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as this line was released I was so curious to try it but I read many bad reviews so I got a little scared. Once I went to the shop I tried their some of the products from this line and all of them felt too greasy for me. I ended up buying a drugstore version of Argan Oil for body & face and I am in love with it. I am a fan of The Body Shop but I think this was a big fail! :/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all thank you for your review! today I went to the Body Shop and the lady recomended me this product.
    Thanks to your review, I just won't buy it haha My scalp is really oily and if it takes much time to absorve it will be horrible for me.
    You have an amazing blog! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...