Wednesday 18 March 2015

Review - GEO Grang Grang Choco Lens

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about another pair of lenses that I ordered from Pinky Paradise - the GEO Grang Grang Choco Lens! I've been wearing these lenses for about three months now and am due to replace them which means it's a perfect time to review them! ^.^ I have done a Pinky Paradise Store Review which you can check out too!
GEO - Grang Grang Choco
Diameter: 14.2mm  
WaterContent: 38% Base Curve: 8.6mm Life Span: 1 year disposal
The design of these lenses are really noticeable. Imagine a hazelnut pudding with swirls of dark chocolate. The arrangement of the different shades of brown in addition to the thick chocolate brown edge makes the lenses really unique, yet they blend in perfectly with your eyes and give you a perfect everyday look. They highlight and emphasize your natural eye-color at the same time no matter if brown, green, blue or gray. 
 
These lenses come with a complimentary macaroon case to help you tell your left eye from your right eye. If your prescription is different like mine is, don't be dumb like me and open both lens cases at the same time when you first get your lenses, because the prescription isn't necessarily written on the glass bottle as well as the caps that you've just thrown away. Idiot.
These lenses have a really beautiful yellow brown gradient (these pictures are inside out because I fail at life) with a much darker limal ring. This dark limbal ring deepens the colour of the lenses so indoors it seems like I have massive black eyeballs, while in flash photography or outdoors the lenses actually blend in really nicely to my natural eye colour.
 They also look pretty cute with blonde hair! ^.^
 Colour and Design
I really like the colour and design of these lenses in direct lighting or flash photography, however indoor lighting makes these lenses look plain scary! I don't particularly mind how they look (I think it's cute!) but people kinda get freaked out by the large dark dead doll stare. 

Enlargement
Even though these are not supposed to be particularly enlarging, (being the same size as my regular clear contacts), these do make my eyes appear significantly larger! However, I think the dark limbal ring contributes significantly to the larger appearance.

Comfort
I find these lenses to be relatively comfortable, bearing in mind that sticking a thin sheet of plastic onto your eyeball feels exactly like sticking a thin sheet of plastic onto your eyeball. I can wear these for up to 9 hours with no problem, and don't generally need eye drops to re lubricate the lenses. I don't find these much more uncomfortable than my regular clear lenses (which I find uncomfortable anyway) so I guess they are pretty ok!
What I Love
- Lovely design (fades well into brown eyes)
- Comfortable (for plastic stuck to your eyeballs)


What I Don't Love
- They look a little dark and scary when away from direct light


Final Thoughts
Even though I really love the design and look of these lenses, they are not really for everyday use. They just look really dark and dead when away from direct lighting, which causes people to ask me if I'm wearing contact lenses - which is not the look I'm going for! However, they are really quite comfortable for coloured lenses so I'm considering purchasing the lighter coloured version of these lenses to trail too! ^.^ I would recommend this set of lenses for people who want really dark eyes, or who have quite light eyes and want a pair of lenses to make them look much darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...