Wednesday 29 April 2015

Review: Revlon Photoready Foundation; 002 Vanilla

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Revlon Photoready Foundation in the shade 002 Vanilla. I picked this foundation up last year because the swatches looked quite warm toned and pale. I remember it being quite pricey, but I can't quite remember the full price, I also think it's been reformulated now as well.
This foundation has a moderately runny consistency, it's not thick, nor is it a thin liquid, but somewhere in between. It starts off looking like a lovely pale, yellow/warm tone, and after 10 minutes descends into Oompa Loompa territory with a dark orange hue.
I use a damp beauty blender to apply this foundation and I actually find it quite easy to blend into the skin. There are teeny glitters hidden inside this foundation, but I find that most of them are brushed off by the sponge or setting powder during application, so I never look like a disco ball.
I found the coverage to be quite average for this product, covering up some of my smaller acne scars, but not the deeper darker ones. It also did absolutely nothing for my  pores, making them look like giant craters on my face.
It's also ridiculously dark on my skin. Like, this oxidization is quite intense!
 
I was pretty impressed at the lasting power of this product! It kept me shine free for 8 hours and didn't break up around my nose and chin like most foundations seem to do now days.

Things I Love
- Lasts quite well
- Kept me mostly shine free for 8 hours
- Convenient packaging and pump


Things I Don't Love
- The lightest colour is way too dark
- Discontinued/re-formulated (Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect)
Final Thoughts
Even though I enjoyed the lasting power of this foundation, the formula does nothing for my pores and scars, while making me look like an Oompa Loompa after about 10minutes. I've not had much success with Revlon foundations recently and this is just another average formula for me to be completely honest. 

Did you try the original Photoready Foundation or the new version? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. Do drugstore foundations usually oxidize that much? I've only recently begun to dabble in them, but the one I have sure oxidizes a lot, too! I'm not even as pale as you, but the palest Revlon one I have ends up oxidizing too orange and yellow for me. Ooompa Loompa sounds about right! D:

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...