Monday 14 September 2015

Fail or Holy Grail Review: Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be breaking up the Fail Products with a Holy Grail Review! Reviewing Fail Products all the time is honestly a little bit of a downer, so I wanted to switch it up with some products that I absolutely adore! ^.^
"What Is It
A quick-absorbing eye cream with moisturizers that melt onto the skin. This cult-favorite cream leaves the eye area soft, smooth, and refreshed for up to 24 hours. 

Who It's For
Anyone looking for a lightweight, soothing eye cream to wear on its own or layered under concealer for a flawless finish.

Why It's Different
Formulated with Bobbi’s signature Enriched Mineral Water Blend to hydrate, balance and revive skin. Aloe Vera and Witch Hazel extract comfort, while Jojoba Seed, Avocado Oil, and Squalane condition.

How To Use
Apply with fingers, patting gently around eye area. Make sure cream is fully absorbed before applying Concealer."(1)

"Ingredients

Water Purified, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben"(2)
This eye cream comes packaged in an elegant, but irritating jar. It's gorgeous, but when you have long nails it just gets harder and harder to get the product out without wasting the eye cream underneath your nails!

A little goes a long way with this cream, if I use too much my under eye area can get a little greasy looking. I find that it makes my the lines under my eyes look much nicer, especially when I'm wearing make up! It makes my under eyes feel super soft and lovely, I love it! 
What I Love
- Very hydrating under the eyes
- Easy to apply
- Quick to absorb
- Elegant (albeit impractical) packaging
- Helps make up under the eyes look smoother


What I Don't Love
- Expensive ($80NZD)
- Elegant (albeit impractical) packaging
Final Thoughts
Even though this Eye Cream is quite expensive, I really love it! It makes my under eyes feel so much softer and more hydrated, it helps my make up look smoother and apply nicer and it's got a really pretty, elegant jar.

I would recommend this Hydrating Eye Cream to any Princesses who are looking for a bit of hydration under their eyes and something that will make their make up feel and look smoother under the eyes! ^.^

9 comments:

  1. Sounds great.. :) and the packaging looks really cute..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is super cute! Thank you for reading ^.^

      Delete
  2. This looks nice, but it's so expensive! ;~;
    Your eye makeup looks really pretty btw! ^_^
    http://redsakurabeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps get a small scoop to get the cream out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some little spatulas, but I don't particularly like using them to be honest. They are a pain to disinfect!

      Delete
  4. It looks great! I agree with you on jar packaging like that though - I don't like the fact I have to dip my fingers in it all the time.

    Belle in Black and White

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not the most hygienic option, but it's so cute!! ><

      Delete
  5. I've used this one not impressed at all. Simply not moisturizing enough for my mature skin (gonna be 30 in a few month). Tarte maracuja, shiseido benefiance and super corrective are ones I would strongly recommend. And I always layer serum underneath (aging aging ouch!) I agree jar is not the best resolution wrt hygiene, however tube and pump meaning you gonna lose a significant amount of product.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...