Friday 1 January 2016

First Impression: Méthode Swiss Aqua Hydrating Day and Night Cream

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Méthode Swiss Aqua Hydrating Day and Night Cream! I received these as a gift with purchase from an order from Sasa and ignored them for a fairly long time as I just didn't know much about the brand. I decided to take the plunge and try this combo throughout the holiday season as I was travelling for about 3 weeks in December so this was a perfect time to trial these!
What Does It Do?  
Aqua Hydrating Day Cream
"This day cream contains city sunscreen offering optimum protection from the UV rays,helps shield the skin from the damaging effects of environmental pollutants. Formulated with the exclusive MDC Complex and Hydro Regulating Complex enriched with vitamins A, E and botanical plant extracts , it efficiently reduces the formation of premature lines caused by environmental stress and climatic influences. It helps to maintain a supple and soft skin all through the day and offers an oasis of comfort to the skin.


Directions for use:
Smooth every morning over thoroughly cleansed and toned skin of face and neck."(1)
I have no idea what a City Sunscreen is, but I always use a SPF50 sunscreen daily anyway, so it doesn't matter to me if sunscreen is included in my facial cream.
I find this Day Cream to be quite lightweight on the skin and absorbed easily. You can see the difference of hydration in the above photo where I applied it to the right side of my hand and not the left. The cream did leave a slight dewy finish to my skin, but it wasn't heading into grease-pan-land. I found it to be a lovely day cream and don't have anything bad to say about it other than the price of around $70USD (yikes!) and the difficulty of actually finding a place to purchase it online.
Aqua Hydrating Night Cream
Méthode SWISS Aqua Hydrating Night Cream is an intensive moisturizing night treatment to de-stress the skin and intensify the overnight regeneration skin cells. The exclusive MDC Complex and Hydro Regulating Complex help re-plump the cutaneous tissues and restore the skin’s vitality lost due to daily assaults on the skin. You wake up with visibly rejuvenated complexion.
 
How To Use :
Smooth every evening over thoroughly cleansed and toned skin of face and neck."(2)
This Night Cream is substantially thicker in texture than the Day Cream. It has a matte finish which I find really odd for a Night Cream. On the right side of the below photo you can see the hydrating, but matte finish.
It actually mattifies my night time skincare! The description implies that it works well to rejuvenate your skin overnight, but in all honesty I haven't seen any results other than a nice boost of hydration, nothing more than a good toner would do. I don't hate it, but I don't think it's worth $70USD by a long shot.
Would I Purchase These Products?
I actually quite enjoy the Day Cream, but not enough to spend a whopping $70USD on it. I don't love the Night Cream because I think that I can find many other options that are better as well as cheaper. I enjoyed using the samples of these products, but I think they're incredibly overpriced for what they are.

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...