Friday 13 May 2016

First Impression: Etude House Big Cover Concealer BB in Vanilla

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Etude House Big Cover Concealer BB Cream in the shade Vanilla! ^ ^

What Does It Do?
 "Concealer BB Cream covers flaws with its excellent coverage power and easy absorption; just a small amount delivers full coverage skin.

How to apply
1. The wide tip flexibly moves around in any angle, from side to side, to cover completely and lightly even with a small amount of concealer BB for a light, full coverage look.
2. An arrowhead-shaped tip creates dual coverage to hide delicate flaws and create a much more refined look.

 
<Vanilla>
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Niacinamide, Sodium Chloride, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aronia Arbutifolia Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Beeswax, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sorbitan Olivate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Triethyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Fragrance"(1)

The swatch looks disappointingly orange. I chose this shade since I saw Venus Angelic use it in a tutorial stating that she was as pale as a ghost, and this foundation fits her perfectly. Goodness, she must have some stellar lighting since for me this foundation appears almost orange. It also oxidises a fair amount on my arm, though nothing unbearable.
This BB Cream is easy to apply with sponges, but I find it hard to apply with brushes and fingers because it is quite thick. It has quite nice coverage, though it doesn't cover my upper lip scar. I would need a full concealer to cover that scar too.
After 6 hours it does tend to sit in my pores if I apply too much, this is mostly why I feel it applies better with a damp sponge.
But it isn't awful for oil control, it's not the best, but it's not awful. Let's call it average.
The colour match is quite good, it's not perfect as it is slightly too orange, but it's do-able and it doesn't look like a completely different face which is good!

Would I Purchase This Product?
No. I have 30 sachets of this shade and I am planning to put these into one of my empty cushion cases! This way I can mix a touch of white into the cushion which should help even out the colour slightly. I like the foundation, but I would like it better if it was the right colour.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...