Monday 2 May 2016

Store Review: iBéau

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about my shopping experience with iBéau! This seems to be a very new store since I can't really find any non sponsored reviews from them. I am a little cautious shopping with stores that don't already have a couple of non sponsored reviews, but someone's got to do it the first time anyway!

UPDATE: This gets quite ranty down the bottom, I wrote it when I was emailing the company and was really, really irritated by their response and attitude towards customer service. I won't remove what I wrote, because at the time of writing it that's honestly how I felt about the matter, and as an average consumer (I shop with my real name, not my blog name) I don't feel like I was treated as a valued customer. On with the review! ^ ^


Website Practicality
I found the iBéau site very easy to navigate, though you see that little "chat with us" bar? That pops up in EVERY NEW TAB I OPEN which is just incredibly annoying. It's quite big too which means that I actually need to minimise it every time since otherwise I can't see a line of products and I find it very frustrating. Otherwise, it was easy to create a log in, search for products, load my cart and check out.
 Price Comparison
I find the prices on iBéau quite competitive, and since they have free shipping over $20USD it makes it even better! However, I'm interested that their serum is on a 45% discount, since if it's normally $36USD that is quite high!  


Roseroseshop
Innisfree The green tea seed serum - $15.44 + Shipping - $5.76 = $21.20

Cosmetic Love



Shipping and Packaging
I placed my order on the 18th of March and it was shipped on the 19th. My shipping was free since my order was above the free shipping threshold and it arrived at my house on the 2nd. Not too bad! 
I love the packaging too, the bow and custom box is adorable and definitely increases the chance that I would purchase with them again because it makes it feel a little more luxurious. Everything was bubble wrapped and nothing was harmed during transit.
Products
I ordered the Juicy Cherry, but the Juicy Orange shade showed up! After a little investigation, I realised that their site was saying Juicy Cherry but showing Juicy Orange.
So I used the annoying little chat bar to talk to one of the customer representatives. After explaining the situation, she asked me to send an email to their office, and as at 04/04/2016 I am currently waiting for a reply!
UPDATE 22/04
Good grief. I am frustrated, annoyed and never shopping with IBeau ever again. Here is a transcript of the conversation I had with the customer representative John Wong. I removed the email addresses and my real name. I have never waited over two weeks to have a reply from a store that sent me the wrong item, and I have never felt so offended by the reply. They clearly do not value their customers, and judging by Johns final response he is actually just a rude and arrogant individual that didn't expect to have this email chain publicly broadcast on the internet.

  On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 3:49 PM, __ <__> wrote:

            Hello Ibeau!
            I purchased the TonyMoly Juicy Cherry Bunny Gloss from you and received the Apple instead. I have attached a screenshot of the products that I received (the apple/cherry is on the left) and a couple of other pictures to explain why I think I was sent the wrong one.

            The Juicy Cherry page (https://www.ibeau.com/makeup/lips/lip-glosses/tonymoly-petite-bunny-gloss-bar-juicy-cherry-2g/) has a big picture which I attached and zoomed in on the face. This packaging shown in the photo is the Apple. I can tell because it clearly has an angry face. When you scroll down there is a big picture showing all the different faces/flavours. I have put a square around the Cherry, this has a sad looking face, and is definitely different to the Apple as you can see by that picture.

            I hope this explains everything! (:


            Kind Regards,

  __




 John Wong <john.wong@ibeau.com>
        Sent: Wednesday, 20 April 2016 9:55 p.m.
        To: __
        Subject: Re: #1031806 - Tony Moly Juicy Cherry
       
        Hello __,

        Do you want to order anything else so i can include the wrong item in your new order?  Otherwise, I can also refund you the monies accordingly.  Please advise.  As a token of appreciation for your patience, you may keep the wrong item.  Thank you

        Regards,
        John 



    On Friday, April 22, 2016, __ <__> wrote:

        Hi John,


        Are you able to just send me the correct product?

        Thank you for getting back to me!



        Kind Regards,

        __



  John Wong <john.wong@ibeau.com>
    Sent: Friday, 22 April 2016 8:02 p.m.
    To: __
    Cc: John Wong
    Subject: Re: #1031806 - Tony Moly Juicy Cherry
  
    Hi __

    Sure if you insist.

    We are hoping to replace in your next order to offset the shipping cost which is more costly than the item.

    Just like its too expensive to return the wrong item, we are happy for you to keep it.

    Btw, you have 5% cashback earlier.  Thanks

    Regards
    John


Sure if you insist? Btw?

This type of language is not something I would consider appropriate for a customer complaint (not that I have been anything but nice so far) and as someone who has spent years in customer service, I would be shot or fired if I said that to a customer.

My complaint isn't the fact that he wants me to spend more money with his store, that is understandable. It's the fact that he has not apologised for the mistake made by his company, and that he has taken almost three weeks to reply to my original email (only replying after I contacted their Facebook account - clearly afraid of negative feedback). The casual rudeness is not something I would expect from an email stemming from a customer complaint.


 On Friday, April 22, 2016, __ <__> wrote:

    Hi John,

    I'm sure you can make an exception, especially since I've been waiting almost three weeks for you to reply to my initial email, despite already asking your in store customer service representative previous to contacting you.

    I have been more than patient with you and your store, however, since you advertised the wrong item and sent the wrong item, it should be your responsibility to correct the mistake.

    I also find the below email extremely rude, you may want to consider working on your customer service skills if you expect customers to continue to shop with you.


    Kind Regards,

    __


 

Hi __

Sorry if you feel offended. Like i said we will send to you.

Cheers
John




John needs some serious help in the customer service department. I cannot believe how absolutely rude he is, especially considering it is them that sent me the wrong product. I understand that there are costs associated with resending products, but good grief! A little bit of, "I'm sorry I screwed up" goes a bloody long way in this department. I haven't had an apology from this company, and this little gloss better turn up at my doorstep within this next month. I will update this post if it does, or does not arrive at my house.

UPDATE 1/5/16
John has finally apologised. In the most insincere way possible, but at least it is there, and only after I quite literally asked him to apologise.

Please accept my most sincere apology.  Sorry.

I will make up to you by sending an additonal gift. Have a nice day.

Thank you and God bless you 

He also sent a tracking number for the right product in the email. I just don't understand why this was such a difficult issue between us. I know there are a lot of people that will lie and rip stores off by claiming they have the wrong product or the product never arrived, but I provided an explanation as to how they sent the wrong product and dated photos showing the product I received - hell I have this post as proof that I am not trying to get free products. I am still frustrated at this experience, though I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments - am I being too much of a Princesses, or does their customer service need a little help. To be honest, all it would have taken is a sorry in the first email.
 

  Final Thoughts
I ended up HATING my shopping experience with iBéau. I get so frustrated and angry with bad customer service because it really isn't that hard to say sorry, I would know since my long, long, experience in retail has taught me that the customer is always right, even when they are totally wrong. Their shipping is free over $20, pretty speedy, and wrapped super cutely, but lord, get yourself someone else to deal with your customer service because whoever John Wong is, he is offensive, and awful. I do not recommend them at all and will never shop with them again. Maybe if they started their email with an apology they would have retained this customer.

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, it sucks that they took so long to reply. It wasn't very good customer service at all. On the other hand, it could be slightly worse: I've seen companies demand you send the wrong product back before they send the correct one, making you pay more shipping than the product is even worth.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...