Wednesday 21 September 2016

Review: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow! I've had this little cream shadow for quite a while, and it works really well as a base for shadows!
"A cream eye shadow that stays on, stays true and doesn't crease. Goes on comfortably with a soft, velvety finish—for up to 12 hours of water, sweat, humidity and transfer-resistant wear.

Depending on the shade, use as an all over lid shade, as a lower lid shade or as a highlighter. Best applied on bare lids using the Cream Shadow Brush (sold separately). For more sheer application, use fingertips. Remove with Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover or Cleansing Oil."(1)
This cream shadow comes in a little screw top pot which makes it really difficult to get the product out when you have nails.
I have the shade Bone which is the perfect colour for Porcelain Princesses, especially if you find the lightest MAC Paint Pot weirdly dark on your eyelids.
One of the downsides of this shadow is that it looks pretty atrocious on my dry eyelids. I definitely need to prime them with a thick moisturiser!

On the photo left eyelid I used the Bobbi Brown Shadow and on the right I used the Urban Decay Primer Potion! The Bobbi Brown Shadow definitely helped the shadows looks more vibrant, but I found it harder to blend the shadows.
After 6 Hours the Bobbi Brown side looks much better than the Primer Potion side too!

What I Love
- Great colour for Porcelain Princesses
- Makes shadows more vibrant
- Helps shadows last longer


What I Don't Love
- The jar is hard to use for anyone with nails (I don't think brushes work at well)
- Fairly expensive at $55NZD
- Makes my eyelids look much drier than normal 


Final Thoughts
I don't wear eyeshadow very often, but this long wear shadow makes a fantastic base for my other shadows. I have to make sure my eyelids are in tip top condition since this does show off the dry skin I have there, but it helps my other shadows last all day which I love! I just wish it wasn't in a teeny tiny jar because it gets under my nails which is super gross!

I would definitely recommend the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow to any Princesses looking for a great base to help their shadows last all day! 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...