Tuesday 24 January 2017

East VS West Review: Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara VS Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Microcara

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be doing my very first East VS West comparison! I really couldn't think of a better name than East VS West, but if there are any suggestions for this series I would love to hear it! ^ ^ Earlier on in the month I reviewed the Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Microcara, which I initially bought because I heard that it was very similar to the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara but cheaper. I really wanted to compare them, since the price difference is pretty substantial!
Product Claims:
Clinique
 A mascara with a brush specifically designed for coating the bottom lashes.
This mascara's brush was engineered to grasp even the tiniest of bottom lashes; its expert formula resists pesky smears.

Innisfree
Waterproof against sweat and sebum
Coating every last hidden lash
Even and light fitting for clean eye makeup without lumps: 



Packaging
The Clinique contains 2 grams of product whereas the Innisfree contains 4 grams. The Clinique tube is substantially smaller in width and the applicator is much smaller too which makes it interesting to hold. The wands are substantially different too, the Clinique wand is very short, so I can only coat a quarter of my lashes in one brush, whereas the Innisfree has the tiniest brush I have every seen, and coats as much as a normal mascara brush would.
Performance
Although the Clinique is slower to apply due to the wand size, they both look very similar once applied. The Innisfree is slightly clumpy in comparison to the Clinique, this is mostly because I wiggle the Innisfree wand, whereas the Clinique wand is too small to wiggle easily. They both have the same colour, make my lashes look long and pretty.
Longevity
I find that they both have similar longevity, they don't flake off my lower lashes or fade throughout the day, but I find that the Innisfree smudges slightly more, but this isnt' a deal breaker for me as it is quite easy to fix. (yes, this photo is from a different day).


Price
Clinique
$30NZD (2 grams)
$15NZD per gram

Innisfree
$2.97NZD per gram

Clinique
Pro's
- Tiny wand
- Makes my lower lashes look long and beautiful
- Lasts very nicely with no smudges

Con's
- Only 2 grams
- The product is so small that it's a little difficult to hold and apply
- Short wand makes it slower to apply
- Very expensive at $15NZD per gram


Innisfree
Pro's
- 4 grams of product
- Quick and easy to apply
- Smallest wand I've ever seen
- Makes my lower lashes look long and beautiful
- Very inexpensive at $2.97NZD per gram
- Doesn't fade or flake on lower lashes throughout the day 

Con's
- Smudges slightly with long use


Final Thoughts
Both of these mascaras are very comparable and give almost identical results. For me, the winner is clearly the Innisfree microcara as it's just so much cheaper than the Clinique mascara and for me it's significantly less tedious to use. The only thing that the Clinique mascara does that is better than the Innisfree microcara is that it doesn't smudge, but in all honesty I just give my undereye a little wipe if I see smudges and it's not a big deal for me. I'll definitely be using up both of these mascaras, but I'll be repurchasing the Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Microcara rather than the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...