Thursday 26 January 2017

Review: Banila Co. Clean it Zero

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Banila Co. Clean It Zero! This cleanser is often hailed as a Holy Grail, so I decided to grab one to try after I finished my mammoth bottle of cleansing oil.
"Lightweight sorbet-like textured makeup removing cleansing balm that whisks away pore-clogging impurities."(1)

"Mineral Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, PEG-10 Isostearate, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Water, Rubus Suavissimus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Leaf Extract, Angelica Polymorpha Sinesis Root Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Malpighia Glabra (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Leaf Extract, BHT, Butylparaben, CI 16255, CI 15985, Fragrance"(2)
This cleanser comes in a big tub, though you can buy smaller versions. There are a couple of different types of this make up remover, but this is the original version.
The tub is sealed, it also comes with a spatula to scoop up the cleanser in a nice hygienic way.
The cleansing balm appears to be a very pale pink colour and melts really quickly when touched. Since it is a solid balm it is really convenient for travel, I always find that my liquid oil cleansers tend to leak, so the solid ones would be much better for me!
To use the balm you simply apply it to your skin, emulsify with water, and then rinse off. It's important to mix it with water when it's on your skin because that way it removes the most make up. It removed the majority of the Benefit Lip Tints, but not quite all.
I generally use an eye make up remover for my mascara, but of course I had to test this out on my eyes too! I have the Benefit Lip Tints on my lips and eyes too, so it is a challenge! I found that this remover didn't remove very much of the tint from my lips or cheeks, and it doesn't do great with my eye make up either.
It removed my brows and base make up easily, but it really struggled with my mascara. This doesn't bother me too much since I usually use a separate eye make up remover anyway, and this cleanser is really easy to use otherwise.
However, this make up remover makes my skin break out really badly. There are a couple of options as to why this breaks me out, there is the possibility that my skin is sensitive to Mineral Oil or Butylene Glycol, or it could be that I'm not emulsifying the product enough and am leaving a residue on my skin. Both options are frustrating to me, if I'm not rinsing it enough then it becomes a bother to use as I would need to put much more effort into removing it than any other cleanser before, or I could be sensitive to some ingredients which is not something I can change.
What I Love
- Inexpensive at $16USD
- Great for travel as it is solid and won't leak
- (Mostly) easy to use
- Removes base make up easily


What I Don't Love
- Doesn't remove eye make up very well
- Breaks my skin out


Final Thoughts
This make up remover is a Holy Grail for so many, but it honestly wasn't amazing for me. If my skin is sensitive to the ingredients then I won't be able to use the cleanser anymore, but if I'm not rinsing it thoroughly enough then I don't know if I want to use it on a day to day basis when liquid oils are so much easier to use and don't leave me with acne if I don't rinse off every single bit of cleanser. Like I said, this is a Holy Grail for so many other Princesses, it's just not as amazing for me and it didn't live up to my expectations.

I would recommend the Banila Co Clean It Zero to any Princesses looking for a solid make up remover!

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. You've favorably reviewed Shiseido cleansing oil so I would assume it's not a mineral oil issue, that stuff was great on eye makeup but also made my skin very angry.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...