Tuesday 25 July 2017

East VS West: Tony Moly Luminous Goddess Aura Crystal Light VS Benefit Beams

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Tony Moly Luminous Goddess Aura Crystal Light VS Benefit Beams! I have the Benefit High Beam and Sun Beam because the Dandelion Beam wasn't sold in NZ when I purchased everything.
Product Claims
Benefit
Sun beam
This golden bronze highlighter gives you a natural, sunkissed radiance. Dot & blend over makeup on cheeks & brow bones for a bronzed glow.

High Beam
Our satiny pink liquid highlighter accents cheek & brow bones for a dewy glow. Use as a spot highlighter over makeup or wear under complexion products for subtle luminescence.



Tony Moly
Luminous Goddess Aura Crystal Light in Bronzing Glam contains subtle shimmers in a dewy liquid form that creates an illuminating glow. It has a unique light effect which beautifully bounces off light to give a sheen, shimmery glow. Wear it on daytime or nighttime for this liquid highlighter adheres very well onto the skin, making it last for long hours



Packaging
The packaging for both highlighters is quite similar, though the full size Benefit Highlighters are slightly bigger. The Tony Moly Highlights have an interesting applicator, they are plastic and quite stiff which is a little annoying but ultimately doesn't affect the application of the highlights.
I have the mini size of the Benefit highlights (which were still more expensive than the full size of the Tony Moly!) but the packaging of the full size and minis are very cute and functional. They have brush tips which are softer than the plastic ones obviously, but since I dot the product on my face it ultimately doesn't make a difference.
The Tony Moly comes with three colours, two of which are pretty good dupes for the two Benefit colours. Pink Glam is a pretty pink with a silver shine, Gold Glam is gold with a purple/pink shine, and Bronzing Glam is bronze with a gold shine.
The Benefit High Beam is similar to Pink Glam being Pink with a silver shine, and Sun Beam is most similar to Bronzing Glam being a lighter bronze colour with a gold shine.
Pink Glam VS High Beam
These two highlights look very similar on my arm, but not quite dupes. Pink Glam definitely looks pinker whereas High Beam looks lighter and more silver based.
Both of these highlights look quite nice on my skin tone, High Beam looks a little brighter in these photos, but it's not as shiny in real life. I find High Beam easy to apply, it blends out easily and looks really pretty.
Pink Glam is equally easy to apply and blend out, though I do find that if I use the same finger to blend both sides of my cheekbones it can cling to my fingers and remove the foundation underneath. It's an easy fix though, I just use a different finger.
In real life, I can't tell the difference between these two highlighters. They look slightly different in the photos, but really they both look like pink toned highlights.
Bronzing Glam VS Sun Beam
I popped a swatch of Gold Glam in here because it's in the collection, but Sun Beam and Bronze Beam are the dupes here. Sun Beam initially looks a little lighter and more gold, but when they are blended out they look pretty similar!
Both of these highlighters are definitely bronzers for my light skin tone, but these would both make gorgeous highlights for darker skin tones! I use them on the tops of my cheekbones for a sunkissed glow, but they do look a little too dark for me.
I find that both the Sun Beam and the Bronzing Glow look the same on my face. I need to use less of Bronzing Glow to sheer out the colour, but other than that they both apply equally as nicely and are both easy to spread out and don't leave a sticky residue.
Compared side to side, I prefer Sun Beam in colour because it's slightly more golden in tone whereas the Bronzing Glam is a little more on the orange/red toned side.
Price Comparison
Tony Moly: 10ml
$6.87NZD or $0.68 per ml


Benefit: 13ml
$49NZD or $3.76 per ml


Tony Moly
- Inexpensive at $6.87 each
- Cute, functional packaging
- Easy to apply
- No stickiness


Benefit
- Quite expensive at $49 each
- Cute, functional packaging
- Easy to apply
- No stickiness  

Final Thoughts
These highlighters all tick the boxes for me and are pretty similar products, other than slight colour differences and a big price difference. For Benefit as always you are paying for the brand name, and this is actually the third Benefit East VS West I have done because they have quite a few comparable products in the east. If I had to choose between these highlighters, I would probably still pick the Tony Moly set because they are so similar and they are substantially cheaper. For me it's an easy choice because they are really the same product, but with a different name, so of course I will pick the cheaper dupe.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...