Thursday 6 July 2017

Review: Etude House Play 101 Stick Foundation

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Etude House Play 101 Stick Foundation! This foundation came out quite a while ago and I never got around to trying it, but I was really interested in it because it seemed like a good product for travel!
A long lasting, multi-function foundation stick that glides onto skin completing smooth and flawless-looking face with the soft and creamy texture.
This foundation is in stick form which makes it really portable! The packaging is plastic which is fine, I'm not a huge fan of how the packaging looks but it is functional. There is only 7.5 grams of product which isn't really that much.
I bought the shade Fair which is the lightest shade out of the four. There are only four shades and they all look pretty light to me which is going to be super limiting for most Princesses.
In comparison to my perfect shade which is NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia it is a little more on the neutral side, but it's still pretty light!
I find this foundation very easy to apply, I can literally draw the foundation on my face and then blend it right out with sponges, brushes or a cushion puff. 
The foundation gives me medium coverage but it does cling really badly to any dry patches on my face, I find it especially bad around my eyes and any blemishes.
I'm not obsessed with the finish of this foundation, it's not bad by any means, but I don't love the way it looks on my skin, it looks a little dry but also quite thick.
After a 9 hour day this foundation is holding up ok, there is a fair bit of oil throughout my T-Zone but it's not cakey and it's not melting off my face which is ok.
What I Love
- Functional Packaging
- Great colour for Porcelain Princesses
- Easy to apply and blend out
- Medium coverage


What I Don't Love
-Only 7.5grams
- Clings to dry patches
- Average finish on the skin
- No oil control

Final Thoughts
I'm not a huge fan of this foundation. It's easy to apply and it's a pretty good colour, but you don't actually get that much product for what you pay, it doesn't have a beautiful finish on my skin, it clings to dry patches and it has no oil control. It's definitely not a product that I reach for regularly, but I can see the benefit of the package for traveling. The traveling aspect isn't that high on my priorities list, so this is not a foundation that I will keep hold of.

I would recommend the Etude House Play 101 Stick Foundation in Fair to any Porcelain Princesses that are looking for a stick foundation that comes in a pretty pale shade! 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...