Thursday 24 August 2017

Review: Château Labiotte Wine Lip Tint

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Château Labiotte Wine Lip Tints! These super cute wine shaped lip tints were very tempting for me because I really like cute and unusual packaging, but I also really liked the look of the shades too! I also thought these would make great gifts too so they are well worth the review.
A long finishing lip tint containing extracts from France premium wine for a stronger moisturizing and covering effect. The wine tint helps maintain a moist shiny gloss with the deep wine color.
Obviously the packaging is so pretty, it's shaped like a wine bottle. The bottle really is the appeal for the product for many people! I like that the tops of the wine bottles are the colour of the tint inside, since the rest of the bottles are identical it makes it a lot easier to grab the shade you want!
There are 6 shades in the collection. The shades don't have a consistent formula, there are two super pigmented shades, two moderately pigmented shades, and two sheer shades which is slightly odd. However, the colour range is really pretty and most shades will be quite wearable for most skin tones.
I enjoy wearing all of these colours, though my least favourite is Chardonnay Orange and my favourite is Nebbiolo Red!
OR01 Chardonnay Orange 
Chardonnay Orange is a vibrant, super pigmented orange.
This shade is very bright and pigmented, it looks beautiful on my skin tone, but it's not a shade that I reach for regularly because it is so bright. It almost looks like a red shade from a distance, but it really is quite a vibrant mid toned orange.
CR01 Rose Coral
 Rose Coral is a pretty, sheer coral shade.
This shade is quite sheer, so it mixes with my natural lip colour nicely and I really like the outcome! Since this shade is sheer it doesn't have the best longevity and tends to wear off after about 3 hours of wear.
PK01 Blush Pink
 Blush Pink is a sheer baby pink shade.
Blush pink is the other sheer shade which reminds me a lot of Posietint by Benefit! I wear this colour quite a lot because it is quite a natural lip colour for me, but just like Rose Coral, it doesn't have the best longevity. However, it is very pretty!
RD01 Shiraz Red 
 Shiraz Red is a beautiful classic red shade.
This is such a classic colour and is another colour that I get quite a lot of wear out of. This is an orange toned red so it doesn't flatter my teeth very much! This shade is the other super pigmented shade in the collection, so it wears quite nicely. I can wear this shade for up to 6 hours without it fading.
RD02 Nebbiolo Red
Nebbiolo Red is a pretty berry toned red.
This is actually my favourite shade in the collection, I really like the berry tone, and since it's neither super pigmented or super sheer it doesn't look too intense, but also doesn't fade quickly and require too many touch ups. All of these shades dry down matte and mostly smudgeproof too, but they're not too drying!
RD03 Merlot Burgundy
 The last shade is Merlot Burgundy which is a semi sheer burgundy shade.
This shade is really pretty, but I think I would've liked it more if it was more pigmented. I find that the shade looks a little wishy washy being a semi sheer formula, it almost looks a little uneven! It still looks good, but it's not my favourite.
What I Love
- Adorable, functional packaging
- Cute colour range
- Easy to apply and reapply
- Dry down matte and smudgeproof, but not too drying


What I Don't Love
- Moderately expensive at $10USD each
- Inconsistent formula
- Inconsistent lasting power (some are great, some are not)


Final Thoughts
These wine shaped lip tints are super cute, but there are 3 separate formulas which mean 3 separate lasting powers and finishes. In general, these lips tints are easy to apply, look nice on the lips and dry down to a matte, smudgeproof finish, all while being packaged in an adorable bottle. However, even though the pigmented shades last for quite a while, the sheerer shades don't last very long which makes it difficult to pick the best colours and the best formula for different people. All in all, I think the cute packaging makes this product worthwhile, I just wish that the formula, pigmentation and lasting power was consistent across the colours.


I would recommend the Château Labiotte Wine Lip Tint to any Princesses looking for lip tints in super cute wine bottle shaped packaging!

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with the orange! It's one of the most beautiful flattering lip products I have!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...