Friday 25 August 2017

Review: Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk Cream

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk Cream! I previously talked about the Matte version of these lipsticks and I didn't really enjoy the colours or the formula, so I was hoping that the cream would be better!
The lipstick makes the lips look attractive with vivid color and sensuous texture.
The packaging of these lipsticks is super cute, I really like the baby pink colour and the scalloped design.
Other than the cute packaging, the lipstick is pretty nondescript. There are no stamps on the bullet itself to make them look unique, and it's hard to tell which colour your picking up because the outer packaging is identical. The only way you can tell what colour it is, is when you read the teeny tiny name on the bottom of the lipstick. But it's seriously tiny, I have to put this lipstick right up to my eyes to see the shade name!
There are 12 shades in this collection and there is a great range of pinks, reds, oranges and nudes! These lipsticks have a creamy formula like the name would suggest, and they leave a really pretty finish on the lips. This formula is really flattering for dry lips which works well for me. However, since the formula is quite creamy, they don't have very strong lasting power and do need reapplication after eating. In general, the shades are not intensely pigmented and some require 3-4 shades while some only need one. I don't mind this aspect because it makes them more wearable for me on a day to day basis.


Oranges
 There are two oranges in the range, one vibrant shade and one that is more coral. There are actually a couple of other shades that I would consider to be coral too, but they're are in the red range. I'm not a huge fan of the bright orange, but I do really like the coral.

OR207 Refreshing Orange
Refreshing Orange is a vibrant orange shade.
This shade is so vibrant, I think the colour is also really pretty! I don't wear oranges very much, but I can still appreciate the colour.
OR209 Desirable Orange
Desirable Orange is a pretty coral shade.
I really like this shade, it's still orange but it's much more wearable. I quite enjoy the formula  of these lipsticks too, like the name would suggest they are very creamy.

Reds 
There are four red shades in the collection, though only two of the shades are really red. I'm not sure why there is a coral and a pink in the red selection.
RD302 Angry Red
 Angry Red is a classic blue toned red.
This is a beautiful shade! Since these shades are creamy the lasting power isn't as good as a drier, matte lipstick, and they do wear off after eating and drinking.
RD303 Fantastic Red
 Fantastic Red is another pretty coral
This shade is similar to Desirable Orange, but it's slightly brighter. This is a shade that I really enjoy wearing, but I find that is too similar to Desirable Orange for me to want to keep both shades.
RD304 Thrilling Red
Thrilling Red is a pretty mid toned pink.
This shade is really pretty, but I don't think it should be in the red shades because to me it looks pink! However, it is a really pretty pink and I get quite a lot of wear out of this shade.
RD305 Unstoppable Red
 Unstoppable Red is a light red shade.
This is my day time red shade! It's not quite intense as Angry Red, but it still looks red rather than pink or coral.
Pinks
There are three pink shades in the collection, two shades that I love and one that I do not.
PK002 Angry Pink
Angry Pink is a cool toned purpley pink.
I am not a fan of this shade at all. I can appreciate that it is a nice shade, but it's not my favourite shade on my skintone. I also find that this particular shade applies quite unevenly too.
PK004 Breathtaking Pink
Breathtaking Pink is a pretty, mid toned pink.
I really enjoy wearing this colour, it's a really pretty day to day colour for me and I think that it looks quite nice on my skin tone.
PK005 Excited Pink
Excited Pink is a pale, peachy pink.
This is another shade that I really enjoy, this shade is a my lips but better shade which I think flatters my dry lips too. However, this is quite a sheer shade, and in the photo below you can see that it looks a little darker than the photo above. The other colours stain my lips, and this shade isn't pigmented enough to cover the stains so I had to reswatch it (and the lightest nude too). The close up of this shade is the accurate colour.
Beiges/Nudes
There are three beige or nude shades in this collection. I quite like that they have included some darker nudes too!
BE101 Nettle Beige
Nettle Beige is a light peachy nude.
This nude looks really pretty on my skintone, however like Excited Pink this shade is very sheer and requires quite a few layers to show up on my lips. This is the nudest nude for my skin tone.
BE106 Sentimental Rose Beige 
Sentimental Rose Beige is a brown toned nude.
This shade is so pretty, and quite unique for me! I don't have any shades like this in my collection and I actually quite like wearing it, though I didn't think I would at all.
BE107 Dried Rose Beige
Dried Rose Beige is a pretty rose shade.
I'm not sure why this shade is in the nude collection, I think it would be better suited to the red collection! However, I do like this shade too, it's another unique shade that you don't see that much in the KBeauty world (or in my current collection!).
What I Love
- Inexpensive at between $6-8USD each
- Super cute packaging
- Beautiful colour range
- Easy to apply and reapply
- Flattering on dry lips


What I Don't Love
- Hard to tell which shade you're picking up
- Some shades are very sheer and need multiple layers


Final Thoughts
There are a lot of things that I like about these lipsticks, but there are also quite a few things that I don't like. There are some shades that I love, but some don't look the best of my skin tone, and some shades need like 3 or 4 layers to show up on my lips which is a little frustrating. In general these shades are not intensely pigmented, but I don't mind this at all. I love how the packaging looks, but there are 12 shades and the only way you can tell which shade you're picking up is if you find the shade name on the bottom (which is so tiny) or literally open every single tube to look inside. It takes up a lot of time which gets really old really quickly. Some colours are total winners for me, whereas some colours are going to be passed on to other people to love. 

I would recommend the Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk Cream to any Princesses looking for lipsticks in a wide range of colours, that are flattering for dry lips, and not intensely pigmented. 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...