Tuesday 10 October 2017

Fail or Holy Grail Review: Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop! I bought this product because I was interested in the blue colour, but also anti aging items are always on my to buy list because I'm not getting younger. I didn't realise how very little this bottle would be though!
The KLAIRS Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop does exactly what it’s named after. It is a night serum used before going to bed that has a blue tint due to guaiazulene in the formula.Made with EGF (sh-Oligopeptide-1), bFGF (sh-Polypeptide-1), and 95% raw materials for anti-aging effects, the EGF and bFGF activate the key factors in the skin to help improve the overall health and quality of the skin. Although the packaging may be small, it’s only made with 10 core ingredients without the use of purified water as a high concentration/ high strength delay-aging serum.
This product has nice, functional packaging, though I wouldn't call it elegant or cute. It has a dropper top that works very well, and I use a full dropper top for each application. The drop itself is a watery blue colour that looks super fun in the dropper top, but in reality is only slightly tinted blue so you don't have to worry about staining your face blue or anything like that.
The drop has a thin watery texture and is moderately easy to spread out. The formula doesn't contain any silicone's or glycerine's to help it spread out evenly on the skin, so I need a little more than the descriptions suggests for an even application. It absorbs super quickly too and doesn't leave any shine or residue behind.
This is an anti ageing product. This means that it's very hard to tell if it's doing it's job properly because if it is, you shouldn't see any signs of ageing. This is very hard to tell in such a short space of time since the bottle is only 20ml and lasts for between 1 and 2 months. For me personally during my use of this product I saw no signs of change in my skin both for the better or worse. I don't even think this drop hydrated my skin.
What I Love
- Nice, functional packaging
- Mostly easy to apply
- Absorbs quickly


What I Don't Love
- Fairly expensive at $30USD for 20ml
- Saw no results at all


Final Thoughts
Skincare is always very personal, and just because this is a fail for me does mean it could not be a Holy Grail for you! For me personally, I found this drop to be fairly expensive for how much product you got, and how much I needed to use each time. I didn't see my skin change for the better, or for the worse, but I also only got to use this drop for 1.5 months before it ran out, and I wouldn't usually see any signs or ageing in this time frame anyway. I was suprprised that it didn't have any other effects on my skin at all, I didn't experience any hydration or brightening from this drop, my skin texture didn't change either. However, I have heard some bloggers absolutely love this product, so this is just my own personal experience with the product, it's not something I would repurchase, but it's also not something I regret trying, or something that had a negative impact on my skin.

I would recommend the Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop to any Princesses wanting to try out a cute blue serum for anti ageing! 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...