Thursday 2 November 2017

Review: Skinfood Soy Nutri Foundation

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Skinfood Soy Nutri Foundation in the shade W1! I picked up this foundation when I was grabbing a full face of Skinfood because it sounded like a nice foundation and appeared to come in a pretty pale shade!
A nutri foundation that contains 30% soybean extract rich in protein to deliver full moisture deep into skin and create flawless, milky and radiant skin.
 This foundation comes housed in a plain plastic bottle with an airless pump. It's nothing fancy or pretty, but it gets the job done!
I have the shade W1 Warm Light which is a moderately pale, very warm toned shade. Skinfood offers four shades in this range, C1 and C2 for cool tones and W1 and W2 for warm tones. The shade W1 is maybe 1 or 2 shades too dark for me, but because my skin suits strong yellow shades it actually works really well. I think it would be a great colour for me during summer so I am very excited to try it out then too! It is darker than my perfect shade which is Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia, but you can tell they're very similar in tone.
This foundation is very easy to apply, I find it applies best with cushion puffs and sponges to get an even finish, since the formula is quite thin I found that brushes left streaky marks.
It offers very light coverage that isn't buildable. It gives a my skin but better look for me, you can still see any dark scarring, but it makes my my skin appear much more even in general.
I have pretty big pores, and I found that this foundation blurred them beautifully! They're not completely gone, but they look a lot less apparent. One of the things I didn't like about this foundation is that it sticks to dry patches on my skin and makes them appear quite flakey. It dries down to a nice demi matte finish, though I still set it with a translucent finishing powder and I normally would.
 After 8 hours my skin looks pretty good!
 There is a little bit of shine through my T-Zone, but in general the foundation holds up really well.
 However, any wear time over 8 hours looks more like this.
 The foundation gets very oily and essentially starts to disappear. There is no coverage left and my skin just looks gross and oily. Not cute!
What I Love
- Functional packaging
- Well priced at $13USD 
- Great colour for warm toned skin
- Easy to apply using brushes and sponges
- Blurs pores beautifully
- Lasts beautifully for up to 8 hours


What I Don't Love
- W1 is slightly too dark (may be good for summer though!)
- Light coverage, and not buildable
- Accentuates dry patches on skin
- Degrades very quickly after 8 hours of wear


Final Thoughts
I am very on the fence about this foundation! On one hand the tone of the foundation is great, the initial finish is beautiful and it wears well for up to 8 hours. On the other hand it really would just be a summer colour for me, it doesn't look good on dry skin and after 8 hours it breaks down very badly. It's pretty well priced at $13USD in most online KBeauty stores, so it's not an expensive foundation to try out and initially it looks really beautiful! My only concern is that I would only be wearing this shade during summer, and with the hot weather it may make the foundation break down quicker. Unfortunately I won't know about the summer wear time until January, so if you would like an updated review then please let me know!

I would recommend the Skinfood Soy Nutri Foundation to any Princesses looking for a light coverage foundation with a beautiful finish that lasts well for up to 8 hours!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...